Setting the Course
“Tranquility can’t be grasped except by those who have reached an unwavering and firm power of judgement — the rest constantly fall and rise in their decisions, wavering in a state of alternately rejecting and accepting things. What is the cause of this back and forth? It’s because nothing is clear and they rely on the most uncertain guide — common opinion.” — Seneca, Moral Letters
At the beginning of the year, and whenever I feel myself waver throughout it, I recommit to my decisions and review if new information should cause them to change.
- I commit to building Call For Content as a productized content marketing service for expert entrepreneurs.
- I commit to starting with Executive Coaches and Consultants who target SMBs
- I commit to creating valuable content for my audience over cheap marketing hacks
- I commit to using the same methods for myself that I would use for or recommend to my clients
- I commit to meeting more people and going to more events
- I commit to facing my feelings, not cutting myself off from them. They must be recognized, but they need not be allowed to rule.
- I commit to working out at least 4x per week.
- I commit to tracking what I eat without shame
- I commit to play fewer video games
- I commit to always be learning
If I do these things, I am certain I will improve. I believe that becoming a small business owner is the right thing to do for me. I believe that I can be healthier and happier simply by allowing me to be myself. When I falter, I will simply look back here and remind myself of my commitments.